Virgin Ride

It was time for Rupert to embrace the tranquility of nature, smoothing sounds of the waves , present in Pasir Ris Beach Park.

Wearing only my slippers , the test-ride was supposed to be only conducted in my carpark. The gears clicked with me at once and hinted to be let out to the surrounding air. With the granny , I rushed out of the carpark , sped towards the Park, and was welcomed by the new bicycling life I was going to experience!

How thin the tires really are




The ride:
Smooth threaded slicks helped to add comfort and that slick factor to the ride.Suspension provided relief from jumping from the kerbs , and the transition from riding a bmx bicycle to riding a hybrid bicycle made this comfort factors even more noticeable and appreciable Flat handlebar was alright , however , the 20inch size of the frame forced me into position that was perhaps, too sporty. Some things I will do to rectify the problem will be to move the seat forward or get a shorter stem. This will enhance the fit to the bike. One drawback of this bike was the poorly balanced wheels. Malay man at Tay Cycle was not competent in balancing the wheel! Could feel the rear wheel bumping.



Trip Distance:13.11km
Trip Time: 52 mins 59 sec
Avg Speed: 14.85km/h
Max Speed: 36.52km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment